The Green Ridge Gymnasium floor renovation is complete as of December 2023! It had been several years since the last resurfacing project, and this upgrade improved the gym floor surface and increased functionality of the space.
On March 16 and April 13, Gym B pickleball will end at 10:15 AM to allow additional programming.
The new surface will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all members, users and athletes.
The gym features two full-size high-school regulation basketball courts that can be divided with a center curtain. The facility is fully air conditioned, with six basketball backboards and can be converted to house two volleyball courts and six regulation pickleball courts. These courts may be set up by request at the front desk.
Our open basketball times in the gymnasium are divided into two categories of play, seen below.
Full Court Pick Up
During these times full court games are run using the main East/West goals in gym B. These games are intended for teens through adults only.
During these times, all three hoops are available in gym A, gym B or both. • The main East/West goals are reserved for half court games, intended for teens through adults only. Please do not encroach on the middle court. • The middle goal is for reserved shooting only, NO half court games. Preference to children 12 & under and their families, if they are present.
Looking for practice space for your team? We can host! Contact us at (540) 777-6306 for availability. Pricing starts at $50 per hour.
RULE 2) BULLY FREE ZONE
Green Ridge is a family facility designed to promote healthy fun for all ages. Please expect youth to be an active part of the gym atmosphere. Bullying or picking-on individuals based on age, ability, gender or ethnicity is not acceptable behavior and will not be tolerated at this facility. Please report such behavior to our gym attendant or manager on duty.
• Those 8-years old and under may enjoy the gymnasium under the direct supervision of their parents or guardians.
• Those 9-years old to 12 may enjoy the gymnasium on their own as long their parent or guardians are within the center. Ages 13 and above may enjoy the gymnasium/center on their own.
• Shoes with non-marking soles only. Flip-flops, sandals, or open-toed shoes aren’t permitted.
• Food, gum, or open drinks aren’t allowed. Resealable plastic or metal drink bottles are allowed.
• We don’t allow the use of profanity, spitting, nor hanging on the basketball rims.
• Freelance training isn’t allowed nor is the use of any wheeled athletic equipment. Your welcome to bring your own basketball but no other equipment is allowed.
• All bags or other personal related items are encouraged to be kept in the cubbies or lockers provided. Be aware that the gymnasium is under video surveillance. Green Ridge is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
Athletics, Administration & Other Services
1206 Kessler Mill Road
Salem, VA 24153
Fx: 540-387-6146 Email Administration