Beginning March 2019, Green Ridge Recreation Center is working with MOSSA to offer newer, more up-to-date versions of our most popular group fitness classes. Some class names will change, but your experience will be more energizing, achievable and exciting whether you're a first-time exerciser or have been at this for awhile. With both new and familiar moves, dymanic music, and the best possible formats and instructor training available, working with MOSSA will add a new sizzle to Green Ridge Classes that will surely make you crave more.
Most of our group fitness lineup will initially remain the same! Over time we may add to our lineup or transition some of our current programs to MOSSA curriculum to enhance member experience. As part of this transition, Green Ridge is ending its license with Les Mills for Body Pump and Body Attack classes. Throughout the spring these courses will be replaced with FOUR exciting new options shown below. More programs may be modified throughout 2019 to meet MOSSA standards.
What Makes MOSSA Different
We're excited that this change to our group fitness lineup will significantly improve our wellness services at Green Ridge. Here are a few key improvements:
- Functionally Based Workouts - The classes are designed to deliver results through functionally based movements that help you become "movement strong" and not just "muscle strong." Each complete curriculum is 4-weeks long, with new releases quarterly.
- Good for All Fitness Levels - Exercises focused on function rather than simply repetition are easier on your body, making classes appropriate for all ages and fitness levels. Each course incorporates three levels of modification so participants can better customize their experience.
- Quality Assurance - MOSSA programs are rigorously tested to ensure safe and effective movement patterns, invigorating music and positive results. Test sites are established at fitness centers throughout the country, and new routines are beta tested with real member participants.
- Better Music - We all know music is a driving motivation behind any workout. MOSSA's music is uniquely customized for the workout experience through an agreement with the industry's top music producers here in the USA. Playlists include many pop songs from the 70's through today.
- More Classes & Better Synergy - We're replacing TWO licensed programs (Les Mills Pody Pump and Body Attack) with the possibility of UP TO TEN licensed programs through our partnership with MOSSA. Each curriculum is designed to have synergy with the other programs through common movements with every quarterly release.