We've made some changes to the Roanoke County Parks smart phone app that will affect users on with older versions already loaded.
- Android Users - Must delete the current app and download the new app in order to use it. The app has the same name and can be found on Google Play by searching for "Roanoke County Parks."
- Apple Users - May need to refresh the app to the latest version to enable its use.
- Rewards Points - Unfortunately, a consequence of the change was the removal of all rewards punch data currently on your phones. Since that data was stored locally, there was no way to keep it. Please visit your local Roanoke County recreation center in person for details on refreshing your rewards points to the right level.
- Why the Change - With the previous version of the app, we were not able to make significant changes without starting from scratch and resubmitting. The host company was bought out a year ago making changes more difficult. By switching to a local vendor, we will be able to continue developing the app over the next few years without compromising content or inconveniencing customers again.
- What's New - Right now the only new feature is the ability for Green Ridge members to upload their membership card barcode so they can scan into the center using their phone. We're working with the developer to add new features over the coming year such as interactive maps, targeted push notifications, fitness aids and more.